Over 60 years of God's Blessing

Bethel Baptist Church was organized as a church in March, 1956, with nine members. The church was located at 2170 South Broadway, in Wichita, with Kenneth Place as pastor. Property was purchased at 3600 West Second Street, at a cost of $4000.00. A wing was built on this property, and the first service was held in October, 1957. At this time the church had a membership of 70. In May of 1958, construction began on a new auditorium which was completed in December of that same year and serves as the church's auditorium at the present time. The bus ministry started about 1958 and continues today. Many improvements have been made through the years including a new parking lot, a new sign, remodeling of the auditorium and a complete renovation of the kitchen. Bethel has an average attendance of 200 each Sunday morning, and has a Biblical, Spiritual, Conservative, Evangelical and Soulwinning outreach in the Bus Ministry, Music Program, Senior Outreach, Children's Ministry, Youth Ministry, as well as Ladies' Meetings and Men's Prayer Meetings. The church currently supports 137 Foreign and Home Missionaries with a monthly budget of $7,500.00, having given several million dollars to missions during the church's 60 years of ministry.

On February 1, 1981, the Church Bond Issue was paid off and the final bond was burned at the celebration of the 25th Anniversary on March 15, 1981. Our church remains debt free at this time. Bethel has a great past and a great future and our hope and prayer is that we will continue to reach many souls for Christ until He comes to call us home.